REGIONAL HISTORY MUSEUM VELIKO TARNOVO

The museum of Veliko Tarnovo is open more than 140 years. The Regional Museum of History – Veliko Tarnovo is pride not only for the city but nationwide. His funds held 142 000 monuments of regional, national and global importance. There are many museum objects in The Regional historical museum – Veliko Tarnovo , each with its own remarkable character, significance and contribution to Bulgarian Memory.

Archeological museum – exhibits “ Tarnovgrad – the capital of Bulgaria XII – XIV” The museum is located west from the “Obedinenie” square. The monuments inside it illustrate a millennium of history and culture of Veliko Tarnovo region, focusing on the period when the city was a capital of Medieval Bulgaria.

Museum “Revival and Constituent Assembly” – the museum is located in the northern side of the “Obedinenie” square in Veliko Tarnovo. The exhibition is held on three floors in the old Turkish building that use to be a police station

Museum “New and Modern History” – the museum is located right next to the “Prison Museum”. In one of its hall is exposed the temporary exhibition of Veliko Tarnovo and the Bulgarian statehood.

“Prison – Museum” – the museum is located south of the built in 1872 by Kolyu Ficheto police station, which now housed the exhibition “Revival and Constituent Assembly” The exposition is built on the ground floor and the first floor of the building. There is a recreation of the interior of three of the cells and the brig , that functioned during the struggle for nation libertation.

Sarafkina House – the house is located on Gurko street in the revival part of Veliko Tarnovo. The house was build in 1861 and it was designed to be a home and workplace of Dimo Sarafina. The southern part ,overlooking Yantra river has five stories and the north part overlooking Gurko Street has two stories.

House – Museum “Petko Rachev Saveikov – the is restored in 1971. In front of it it is placed a monument, made by Blagoy Iliev.

Architecture – Museum Reserve “Arbanassi” – the earliest references are from the end of XV – beginning of XVI century. During that period the reserve is ruled by senior dignitaries in the Ottoman Empire. In the years after 1541, the village is owned by the Grand Vizier of the Empire – Rustem Pasha.

Museum “Konstancalieva house” – the museum is one of the most remarkable and representative monuments of residential architecture in Arbanassi. The museum was build in the end of XVII century. In the following centuries the apartment building underwent several renovations that led to its contemporary outlook.

Architectural museum reserve “ Tsarevets” – this is a unique cultural monument that recreates the history of the Second Bulgarian kingdom ( XII – XIV century )

Church “Holy Forty Martyrs” – the church is the most famous Medieval monument in Veliko Tarnovo. It was built and frescoed during the Bulgarian King Ivan Asen II over a smaller church probably dedicated to the Virgin Mary, in honor of his great victory in the battle of Klokotniza on March 9, 1230 ( the day of the Holy 40 Martyrs sevastiyski) over the ruler of Epirus Theodore Commenus. In XIII – XIV century is the main church of the monastery “Great Lavra”

Church “St. Peter and Paul” – the church is located in the northeastern side of Tzarevetz fortress. Its building is related to the movements of the relics of St. John Palivotski by Tsar Kaloyan in the Capital Turnovo in 1204.

Church “St. Dimitur”, Veliko Tarnovo – the church is located in the eastern foothills of the fort “Trapezitsa”. Historical records associate it with the announcement of the rebellion of the brothers Asen and Peter, who led to the restoration of the Bulgarian state in 1186.

Church “St. George”, Veliko Tarnovo – the church is located in the eastern foothills of “Trapezitsa” fortress. In the form reached today, the temple was built in the early XVII century.

Church “The Birth of Christ” Arbanassi – the temple is located in the southwestern part of Arbanassi. It represents a massive stone structure built with dimensions 28.80 x 10.40 m. sheltered under the broad slopes of triple-pitch roof. The church has long and complicated history.

Church “St. Archangels Michael and Gabriel” , Arbanassi – in the form reached today, the temple was built in the last third of the XVII century. The church has a complex architectural composition scheme. The entrance is to the heart of the church and is to the west. The real church consists of an altar, nave and narthex, sequentially located.

Church “St. Dimitur”, Arbanassi – the temple is located in the center of the village. It represents an elongated in the east-west massive stone structure, covered with double-pitched roof.

Church “St. George”, Arbanassi – the temple is located in the southwestern part of Arbanassi. It represents a massive stone structure built with dimension 21 x 10.05 m, covered with saddle roofs.

Church “St. Athanasius”, Arbanassi – the temple is located in the northeastern part of Arbanassi. It represents a massive stone structure covered with saddle roof with dimension 18.35 x 10.64


SEE OUR SPECIAL OFFERS

contacts
Veliko Tarnovo, 1 Sava Penev str.
Reservations:
Phone: +359 62 615555
Fax: +359 2 603850
e-Mail: hotel.premier@abv.bg
Skype: premier.hotel
Sales:
Phone: +359 62 61 55 56
e-Mail: office@hotelpremier-bg.com
Reservation
Special offers